Your Frequently Asked Questions
The application fee is annual and is used to cover part of the school’s administrative costs.
This fee is due at the time of registration and is annual. They cannot be claimed for reimbursement, even in the event of a course interruption for a major reason.
These fees are due for each student enrolled.
- This choice of teacher is the sole responsibility of PIANO ACADEMIE.
- Our piano school reserves the right to change the teacher initially assigned. This change will not be subject to a request for early cessation of lessons and reimbursement.
- The school may substitute a teacher for one or more lessons without having to justify itself.
Our teachers, however, have a schedule set by the school and a busy schedule. After initially accepting requests to catch up, it quickly became impossible for them to catch up on the majority of the classes. The drop in income for these teachers was consequent and together we decided to rigidify our cancellation rules to align ourselves with the practices of the conservatories.
The school offers different courses. For each type of course, we offer formulas with variable durations of commitment.
However, for our group piano courses, we only accept commitments for a full school year. In fact, the school is made up of small homogeneous groups, and if one of the students stops during the year, it would destabilize the group thus formed.
So any course missed by a child will be charged, whatever the reason for the absence.
- The duration is approximately 60 minutes: the duration of the lesson can be shortened by the teacher if he considers that the objective of the lesson is achieved by the students of the group. This change cannot be the subject of a complaint.
- The starting time of the course must be respected. A late start of a course cannot be the subject of a request for a catch-up.
In the event of a transport strike, courses are systematically switched to online courses. The applied rate remains the same as the one initially set.
A teacher can be absent from a class. The school will try as far as possible to find a substitute teacher. If this has not been possible, the teacher will try to offer a make-up slot. If it proves impossible to find a common slot, then a credit note for the amount of the missed lesson will be due by the school.